- Now we're going to discuss how to score better…on reading tests by getting through the passage…more efficiently.…We've all taken them.…Those standardized reading tests…that require you to read a passage…and then answer some questions,…usually in a relatively short period of time.…Here's a simple three-step process…you can follow the next time you're faced…with one of these tests.…Step one, read the first sentence of each paragraph.…Because first sentences tend to be main ideas,…this is a quick way to get the gist of the passage…and figure out what it's generally about.…
Step two, read all of the questions.…The questions tell you what to look for…and also provide you with clues…as to what the passage is about.…Be sure to avoid reading the answer choices…during this step.…You don't want to read the answers because…most of them are wrong…and you don't want to be reading false information.…Plus, reading the answer choices takes up precious time…and you don't have much of it during the test.…So, just stick to reading the questions.…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.