Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video Remembering better using the multiple reading process, part of Study Skills Fundamentals.
- In this video, we're going to discuss…a reading strategy that will allow you to remember…more of what you read.…The three-step strategy is called…the multiple reading process.…The first step is preview, where you read the introduction…and conclusion to your text.…The second step is the overview,…where you read all the headings…and bold-faced words, or the first sentence…of each paragraph.…This leads us naturally to our third…and most important step, read.…In other words, let's read the material…that we've been getting familiar with.…Think about the way most people read.…
A lot of people simply start from the beginning…and read in a very linear way to the end.…But you don't have to read all material this way.…In fact, reading this way is part of the reason…why people read slowly.…If you don't know what to expect…from the material, you're going to have to…read it slower.…Imagine the alternative.…If you start by reading the intro and conclusion.…And then proceed to read all the headings…or first sentences.…Then, think about the advantage you have.…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.