Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video Reading faster on a computer screen, part of Learning Study Skills.
- One of the most fundamental speed reading techniques…involves the use of your hand as a guide while reading,…but as we discussed earlier,…it can be challenging to do this on a computer screen.…In this video we'll explore techniques for reading…on the screen.…It's not very practical to drag your hand…across a screen while reading,…and if you're reading from a touchscreen…this is problematic.…So, in this video we're going to talk about…how you can read faster on a laptop or tablet screen…without using your hand as a guide.…First, let's talk about the challenges…involved in reading on the computer screen.…
One study showed the average person reads…20 to 30% slower on the computer screen,…as opposed to reading on the printed page.…Part of the reason has to do with comfort.…Keep in mind when you're reading on the computer screen…a light is being beamed directly into your eyes,…which can cause some discomfort after reading…for long periods of time.…So, it's always a good idea to make sure you adjust…the brightness of your screen,…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.