- What are the general sections…of a grant proposal?…Well, every request for proposal…or solicitation of a grant application…is structured differently.…There are many common sections.…Writing a focused and effective grant…requires an understanding of those individual sections.…Even agencies that do not have…a specific template or format…still require you to provide basic information.…First, every solicitation for a grant proposal…contains basic information…such as the title of the solicitation…and the title of the program…under which the funding is being offered.…
RFPs also typically have some sort…of identification or solicitation number…which is critical if you're issuing multiple RFPs…and the agency will often request that any correspondence…with that agency contain that solicitation number.…Submission dates are usually prominently…displayed early in the document.…The agency or foundation will list the due dates…for any preliminary information such as a letter of intent.…The date, the full grant proposal is due,…
- Finding a private or governmental funding agency
- Locating collaborators
- Understanding an RFP
- Dissecting the anatomy of a grant proposal: front matter to appendices
- Avoiding common grant-writing mistakes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before You Start Writing
2. Understanding the Request for Proposal (RFP)/Solicitation
Parts of the RFP6m 22s
3. Anatomy of a Grant Proposal
4. Common Mistakes
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.