- In this video, we're going to use the numeric peg…system to memorize a 10 item list in order.…Before we proceed, you need to make sure…that you've memorized the picture that each number…is pegged to.…You should already know that one is a pencil,…two is a swan, three is McDonald's,…four is a chair, five is a hook,…six is a cherry, seven is a lightning bolt,…eight is a race track,…nine is a balloon, and 10 is a plate or bowl…and silverware.…So here's the list you need to memorize.…
Here's how this is going to work.…We start with the number one,…which we remember is a pencil.…Now the item we have to memorize in this position…is bread, so what we need to do here…is come up with a visual that includes pencil and bread.…Why pencil? Because the number one…is associated to a pencil.…Now it's very important that the visual you create…is somewhat exaggerated.…If you'll recall from our earlier lessons,…exaggeration helps you remember things very well.…So you need to exaggerate all of the visuals we create.…
Note that I'm not going to show any humorous…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.