- The memory palace, also known as the method of loci,…is a memory technique developed…in Ancient Greece over 2000 years ago.…It was widely used by the Greeks,…and later the Romans, to memorize lengthy speeches.…Back then, before you could digitally record something,…it was very important to have a trained memory…and strategies like the method of loci were widely used.…These strategies are still used today by competitors…in memory contests to remember digits,…faces, decks of cards, among other things.…Loci, by the way, is the plural…of the Latin word locus which means place.…
This strategy is based on the idea…that you can best remember places…that are familiar to you, like your home or workplace.…According to Cicero, the method of loci…was developed by the Greek poet Simonides…who was the lone survivor when…a building collapsed during a dinner party.…He remembered who was sitting where to identify everyone.…He realized through this that it was…possible to remember anything by associating it…with a mental image of a location.…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.