Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video Memorizing formulas and equations, part of Study Skills Fundamentals.
- In this video we're going to discuss…the memorization of formulas,…something we've all had to do in school…and sometimes even at work.…You might consider the memorization of formulas difficult,…but with a little mental effort, concentration, and tricks…memorizing formulas can be fun.…You can apply some of the memory principles and techniques…we've covered in this course to memorize these formulas.…Just keep in mind that the best way to remember a formula…is to fully understand how the formula…was created to begin with.…So if you end up forgetting that formula,…you can backtrack and think of all the steps…that went into deriving the formula.…
Understanding why the formula works the way it does…is always better than simply trusting the magic of…the letters and numbers in the formula.…But there are situations where you might encounter…difficulty in fully understanding…how the formula was derived, or maybe you don't need to know…exactly how the formula works.…Maybe you just need to be able to use it.…Let's go over some techniques for memorizing these formulas.…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.