Learning Management Systems are becoming more and more popular in classrooms. Most Learning Management System, or LMS, companies have invested a lot in making their learning platforms accessible for all users and compliant with federal legislature. This is an important concept to consider when deciding on an LMS.
- [Voiceover] In the previous video,…I mentioned that many learning management system companies…have invested big in improving the accessibility…of their LMS.…In this video, we'll take a look at some of the things…that you should look for when selecting an LMS…or other educational technology,…in order to ensure that it makes learning accessible…for all students.…Let's take a look at the websites…for a few learning management systems.…You can do this by Googling the name…of a learning management system,…as well as the word "accessibility".…Right now, I'm on the page for Canvas and as you can see,…they, in great detail,…outline why Canvas is accessible for all students.…
They discuss how they comply with 508 guidelines,…they give links to many other resources,…they discuss screen readers,…and how their site is set up for screen readers.…So, this is obviously something they take very serious.…I'll switch over to Moodle and here on a Moodle document,…they show their accessibility.…So, they explain many different things,…
- What is accessible learning?
- Accommodating different needs, from vision impairments to lack of digital access
- Adapting presentations, responses, and timing
- Using an LMS to make learning more accessible
- Adding alt text to images
- Adding closed captioning to videos