- One important aspect of using images ethically is…understanding when and under what circumstances…Image Appropriation is acceptable.…What is Image Appropriation?…It is when an artist uses a pre-existing image…or work in a piece of art with little or no…transformation from the original piece.…An act of Image Appropriation may propel the artist…back into some of those grey areas related to…copyright infringement, originality, and authenticity.…It may also be the artist's intention to raise questions…or introduce celebratory or critical…viewpoints of the original work.…
Image Appropriation has an interesting history in art…and is often associated with collage,…digital montage, and assemblages.…Some of the early 20th century works of Pablo Picasso,…Georges Braque, and Marcel Duchamp…include Image Appropriation.…And the pop art of the 1950's and 60's including…Andy Worhol's paintings of Campbell's Soups cans…and Brillo boxes maybe some of the most well-known…Image Appropriation examples.…The term Image Appropriation came into being in the 1980's…
Artist or designer? Elsa explains how creative professionals can use informational searches for inspiration and professional development. Whatever your background, this course is designed to help you become a better, faster, and more thorough researcher.
- Understanding the information cycle
- Working with books, periodicals, databases, and web resources
- Identifying your information needs
- Choosing search terms
- Evaluating resources
- Citing sources
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
1. Types of Resources
2. Search Strategies
3. Resource Evaluation
4. Ethical Use of Information
6. Information Literacy for Art and Design
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.