- What is accessible learning?
- Accommodating different needs, from vision impairments to lack of digital access
- Adapting presentations, responses, and timing
- Using an LMS to make learning more accessible
- Adding alt text to images
- Adding closed captioning to videos
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, I'm Oliver Schinkten and thank you for joining me in this course about making learning accessible. I've been an educator in the classroom for 12 years and I'm passionate about helping students learn. As educators, we put a lot of time and effort into creating a positive learning environment, great lesson plans, and valuable learning resources. But do all students have equal access to the learning resources and opportunities in our classroom? Unfortunately, the answer's no. In this course, we'll discuss what it means to make learning accessible and why that's important.
We'll discuss some of the disabilities, impairments, and other issues preventing students from having equal access to learning. Then we'll take a look at how we can change this. We'll talk about some of the different types of accommodations, including assistive technologies, and we'll look at some important considerations we can make regarding the implementation of technology. Hopefully this course will help you develop a better understanding of accessible learning and empower you to start creating a better learning experience for everyone. Let's get started.