- Okay, this section may seem a little mundane,…but the mundane stuff can get you, or more accurately,…leaving out or ignoring the mundane stuff…can sabotage your chances for success.…So while it might seem like a good idea…to breeze through the front matter requirements…of the proposal, don't.…Front matter refers to the information you need to submit…to the funding agency at the beginning…of the grant proposal.…It's sometimes called a grant application cover form,…or even the grant signature page.…
Front matter is the pure bureaucratic elements…of the grant process,…and the absence of something like a key signature…could mean the end of a particular grant submission.…So pay attention to this section.…I've included an example of a cover application…in the Exercise Files for this course.…It is just one example of the many possible…formats that might be requested.…In some cases, the front matter…is in the form of a cover letter,…which accompanies the grant proposal.…In other cases, such as for the government grants,…
- Finding a private or governmental funding agency
- Locating collaborators
- Understanding an RFP
- Dissecting the anatomy of a grant proposal: front matter to appendices
- Avoiding common grant-writing mistakes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before You Start Writing
2. Understanding the Request for Proposal (RFP)/Solicitation
Parts of the RFP6m 22s
3. Anatomy of a Grant Proposal
4. Common Mistakes
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.