Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling gamification, part of Adobe Captivate Prime Essential Training.
- Adobe Captivate Prime allows you to apply a structural gamification layer to the content to engage learners and motivate them to achieve their learning goals. It allows the learners to compete with their colleagues to score points for various learning activities and achieve Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels. These points are displayed on the leaderboard in the Learner Dashboard. As an administrator, you can enable or disable Gamification for your Captivate Prime account or alter the points assigned for completing the task, skills, time duration, etc.
Let's take a look at how to work with the Gamification settings in Adobe Captivate Prime. Log in as Administrator in your Captivate Prime account and click Gamification on the left pane. When you create a new account, Gamification is disabled by default. To enable it for your system, go ahead and click Enable on the top right corner of the page. If, at a later stage, you wish to disable Gamification, click Actions on the top right corner, and select Disable Gamification.
Now let's talk about the rules of Gamification in Adobe Captivate Prime. Learners earn points based on the Tasks like completing specific number of courses in a month, self-enrolling for the courses, achieving a higher level skill, completing the course in N number of days, etc. The first six Tasks are mandatory in nature for all the course instances. These are rules are Tasks for Fast learners, for Self driven learners, for Upskilling and for Reference.
The last two Tasks for obtaining points are optional and can be enabled when creating a course instance. These points add up to take them to the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Levels. You can modify the frequency of occurrence of the Task to achieve these points. To modify the frequency and the number of courses, go ahead and click the drop down arrow next to the Task section, and then, select Edit.
Here you can modify the frequency of the Task, and here you can modify the number of courses the learners need to complete in order to attain these points. To save these changes, go ahead and click Save. Similarly, you can go ahead and edit the other Tasks to modify the number of courses, skills, levels, number of days, or the learners to attain the points. If you don't wish to award points for some of these Tasks, you can disable it for the entire organization by clicking this button and selecting Disable.
If, for some of the learners, you don't wish to display the score on the leaderboard and restrict other colleagues to compare scores with them, you can mark their data as Confidential, and their Gamification activities will not be visible to other learners on the dashboard. To do so, go ahead and scroll up to the top of the page. Now, click Actions and select Confidentiality Settings. Here, select one or more users and click Hide.
These users will now be listed under the Confidential Users list. You can go to the Confidentiality Settings and go to Confidential Users tab. Go ahead and open this tab, and you will see their names listed over here. To make their details visible again, you can select the learner names and click Add. You can also reset the Gamification configuration to default settings and even reset the points attained by learners in the system.
To do so, click Actions and select Reset Gamification. You can select the option that you like, Reset User Scores only, or Reset User Scores & Configuration Settings, I'll go ahead and select the second option and click OK. And your settings will be back to the default settings. With this, you're ready to apply Gamification. The learners will be able to score points and see their progress on the leaderboard in their Learner Dashboard.
- Customizing your Captivate Prime profile
- Configuring email templates
- Adding learners and assigning roles
- Creating user groups
- Adding badges and skills
- Creating new courses
- Building a learning program
- Creating certifications
- Generating a learning plan for an individual
- Working with the leaner dashboard
- Measuring course effectiveness with feedback and quizzes
- Using Captivate Prime reports