- In this lesson we're going to discuss…how to deal with reading…that includes charts, diagrams, formulas,…or any other situations where you need to stop reading…and analyze something.…First off, let's think about how many people…approach this kind of situation.…They're reading through their material…and at some point they encounter text…that reads something like, "refer to figure 2.4".…Then they continue reading the paragraph or the page…and eventually they'll stop to analyze figure 2.4.…Have you ever looked at the diagram…and had trouble understanding it?…It could be because it's very complex,…but we still need to have a way…of understanding this information.…
So, it comes down to this,…when should you look at the diagram?…At the end of the sentence or paragraph?…At the end of the page when you encounter it?…Here's what I suggest you do:…the moment you read the words, "refer to figure 2.4",…you should stop reading and refer to figure 2.4.…Now, I know that sounds obvious,…but this is not what most people do.…Most people are reading along…
- Learning to read faster and more thoroughly
- Improving your note-taking skills
- Enhancing your memory
- Memorizing new words and formulas
- Scoring better on tests
- Creating study plans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ramp Up Your Reading
2. Improve Your Note-Taking Skills
3. Techniques for Enhancing Your Memory
4. Score Better on Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.