Learners will be able to write effective learning objectives for new courses that have yet to be developed.This module teaches the audience how to craft learning objectives for new curriculum, course materials, PPT files, or any medium used for training purposes.
- When developing new courses, there are many…methodologies and opinions on how to…best design learning content.…No matter how you go about creating new courses,…you can use learning objectives to help focus…what you create.…If you were to start with a list of topics,…as is often the case, you can use that…as a basis for creating learning objectives.…For example, a topic might be like…Ecuadorian pottery.…With that topic, there could be many directions;…history, or hands-on recreation of examples,…or an anthropological framework for studying…Ecuadorian culture.…
By using a learning objective, you focus on what's…really in it for the learner.…For example,…in the art workshop, the learner will make…a recreation of a sample piece of Ecuadorian pottery.…Similarly, if you start with a request from a…C-level executive in your organization,…you can use learning objectives to help…understand and fulfill the request.…For example, if the request is to…train our people to communicate better,…you might ask if this learning objective…
- Defining and structuring a learning objective
- Understanding the value of learning objectives
- Adopting learning objective theory
- Rewriting weak learning objectives
- Customizing learning objectives
- Creating learning objectives for new and existing material
- Analyzing courses for learning objectives
- Aligning assessments with learning objectives
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Learning Objectives
Begin with the end in mind2m 12s
2. Learning Objective Theory
3. Create and Customize Learning Objectives
4. Align Assessments with Learning Objectives
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.