Learners will be able to write effective learning objectives for existing courses that lack learning objectives. This module expands the previous to show existing curricula, courses, PPTs, and any medium used for educational purposes.
- Let's say you've been asked to update or improve…a course and the course has no learning objectives.…Should you add them? Will it help?…I would say yes to both and here's why.…When you write learning objectives for an…existing course that doesn't have any,…it can help you refine and focus the content,…cut irrelevant material, and clarify material.…Let's consider the example of Pottery 101,…a course that needs to be updated and approved…but has no learning objectives.…So we have a course with History, Modern…styles, Artists, and Antiquities.…
Without adding learning objectives,…you might review the materials…and edit them to make them more compelling,…more relevant, or more accurate.…We might realize that the materials on…History and Antiquities should be combined…and rewritten to eliminate overlap.…There's nothing wrong with those improvements,…but what more can learning objectives do for you?…Let's say we review all of the material for the…lesson on antiquities, and with our learners…in mind, we try to determine learning…
- Defining and structuring a learning objective
- Understanding the value of learning objectives
- Adopting learning objective theory
- Rewriting weak learning objectives
- Customizing learning objectives
- Creating learning objectives for new and existing material
- Analyzing courses for learning objectives
- Aligning assessments with learning objectives
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Learning Objectives
Begin with the end in mind2m 12s
2. Learning Objective Theory
3. Create and Customize Learning Objectives
4. Align Assessments with Learning Objectives
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.