- Establishing learning objectives
- Determining an assessment strategy
- Using informal and formal assessments
- Creating knowledge checks
- Using the Moodle gradebook
- Providing personalized feedback
- Creating rubrics
- Creating and submitting assignments
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hello, I'm Oliver Schinkten, and thank you for joining me in this course in which we'll discuss how to assess learning using the Moodle platform. In this course, we'll take a look at different concepts related to assessing learning, such as course objectives, assessment goals, and the importance of feedback. Well take a look at assessment strategies, including the use of both informal and formal assessments for learners. And finally, we'll take a look at some of the tools and features available on the Moodle platform by navigating through a fictitious course which I've created.
These are tools for you to use when assessing learners and providing feedback, and they include surveys, forums, workshops, quizzes, rubrics, assignments and more. Let's get started discussing some best practices for assessing learning.