- A mismatch between the funding agency goals…and your project goals is a frequent mistake…made when submitting a grant proposal,…and unfortunately it's a mistake…that usually ends any possibility of funding.…Fortunately, it's a mistake that can be avoided…through a little due diligence.…To avoid a mismatch in goals you need…to read and understand the goals…and objectives of the funding agency,…and of the particular program to which you are applying.…Use this understanding to make sure your ultimate…project goals further the interest of the funding agency.…
This is true for both grants from foundations…and from government agencies.…Organizations want to know that their money…is furthering their goals and their agenda.…Research past projects to see…the types of projects they fund,…and as importantly the results of past funding efforts.…Remember, if the funding agency…has just funded a similar project,…and you haven't done your homework,…they're not going to fund the same project.…If you propose a project without knowledge…
- Finding a private or governmental funding agency
- Locating collaborators
- Understanding an RFP
- Dissecting the anatomy of a grant proposal: front matter to appendices
- Avoiding common grant-writing mistakes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before You Start Writing
2. Understanding the Request for Proposal (RFP)/Solicitation
Parts of the RFP6m 22s
3. Anatomy of a Grant Proposal
4. Common Mistakes
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.