Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video A bouncing ball with paths and arcs, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now I'm going to show you how to use…the digital keyframes in Harmony…to create a classic bouncing ball.…And there's a few things to know about the process,…so let's start out with a clean layer.…I'm going to hide my little stage here just for the moment.…And we'll make a new drawing.…Add and Close.…And I'm going to make just a very crude object.…Just a little square.…Color him in with something horrible, blue.…And then we'll go back to our Tool Properties.…
Okay, so now we have this little object,…which we can begin to animate.…Now, the Animation tool is down here.…So if I want to start setting animation keyframes,…and notice also we've already set a keyframe,…because Animation is on.…Let's extend this timeline with F5.…And that extends our timeline,…so we can actually move them around the stage some more.…So what if I don't want that keyframe?…Hit F7 just to delete it.…So you set these keyframes when you want them,…not when Harmony wants to set them.…So here's a problem.…
You have your pivot here.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.