Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using masks to create an eyeblink, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The procedure for masking an object…is different in essentials and premiums…so I'm going to show you the different mechanisms for both.…So let's go in on the eye and this is the area…that we want to mask, so I'm going to twirl out the skull…and I'm going to solo out everything except the pupil…and the eyeball.…So the procedure is this, if you want to mask the pupil…inside the eyeball, first of all we have to find…a mask area so that's the ball so right click on that…and go clone selected layers, drawings and timing.…Leave that there.…
The area to be masked is the pupil,…we want to mask the pupil so click on that…and under plus go effects, and the mask is called a cutter…not a mask, why?…Don't ask me.…So cutter is now selected, hit the plus sign…and drop the mask which is eyeball one into here.…And that should be it.…Now we need to make a couple of changes,…double click on this little star on the cutter…and click inverted and close.…So that's the process in premium.…
Now we have masked off the eyeball.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.