Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using masks to create an eyeblink, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now we're going to use masks in order…to create an eyeblink.…Now, this can be a little tricky.…We're dealing with a few more layers than we're used to here…so let's take it slowly,…and I'll go in and show you a pretty good technique…for building up a good eyeblink and a mask area.…So first thing, let's just hide everything that we do…not need to see.…So, I'm going to get rid of the antenna,…the mouth, the other antenna.…And a little housekeeping, I'm going to move the eyeball…just up here so the pupil and the eyeball are together.…
And this is the area that we'll focus on.…So if you've used other software, you may be used to…a much simpler masking technique.…In Flash, you just use two levels.…In After Effects, you can get away with pretty much…just doing it on one with a mask stroke.…So here, unfortunately, we have to be a little more…detailed than that.…But once it's set up, it's quite convenient.…So let's do it.…So, first thing to do, we have two layers.…We have the pupil layer,…and we have the eyeball layer.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.