Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Transforming objects, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's look at how…to transform objects,…how to rotate them, scale them, skew them.…Now I want you to think of this as an…extension of the drawing process.…We're really not really in the…world of animation just yet.…There are transformation tools down here,…and this is the animation transform tool.…That's not what we're going to be…dealing with right now.…So at the moment what I want to do is to…focus on just getting the artwork in place,…and that's what this is.…So when we draw around one of these objects…and we start rotating it and scaling it and…doing all this stuff,…that's all we're doing,…is basically designing rather than animating.…
So let's look at this in more detail.…So if I click on this rectangle here and…start moving it around.…Make sure that we have Snap to Contour selected.…If I, for example,…grab this corner and try to drag it,…see how it snaps to the edge.…So that is actually going to try to…be polite and if we're trying to create…something with like a connecting pattern,…that's a good way of doing it.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.