Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Transforming objects, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now I'm going to show you how to select…and transform objects.…And this should really be thought of…as an extension of the drawing process.…We're not going to be, you know,…even though it kinda looks a little bit like…you're doing things that might be…like animating, you're not.…We're taking elements on the stage,…scaling, moving them, almost as if…you were doing them by hand.…Let's click on the Select Tool…and in the Tools Properties we have various ways…of selecting objects, Marquis where we actually draw…a line around it and it's contact sensitive,…so just doing this will select the object,…or Lasso, which I prefer, and all you've gotta do…is this or draw a line across it.…
And this opens up various Transform Options…where you can Scale or Scew or Rotate the object.…So let's make a few of these.…Let's implement them.…This pivot point, you can move temporarily…if you need to do a particular operation,…but if you click off, let's move it up there,…if you click off the object and back onto the object,…the pivot is reset in the middle.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.