Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Timeline and Xsheet, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So now we're going to take a look…at the timeline and the xsheet…and see how they work.…Now first things first,…there's a little fading out going on here,…you may or may not see this,…that's probably the result of this little light box,…so let's click that off,…this is handy for seeing layers against the background,…we don't need to do that right now.…So here's our bouncing ball,…let's play this by holding down Shift and Enter.…Now sometimes I have found Shift and Enter…to be a little bit flaky.…The left Shift key and Enter seems to work for me.…The right Shift doesn't,…so if you have that problem use the left Shift key,…and that should work for you.…
If for whatever reason it doesn't,…these keys here will work,…so you can just click on that.…To be able to break down this scene,…what we have is a ground plane,…it's just a single drawing,…and on top of that we have a bouncing ball,…which is a series of drawings, exposures, and keyframes.…So I want to explain the difference between these,…because it's really crucial.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.