Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Timeline and Xsheet, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So now we're going to look at the Timeline…and the Xsheet, and see how they work.…Now, in this scene we have, I'm just gonna go…to the first frame and hold down Shift and Enter…to play, and you see a typical bouncing ball.…I find this Shift-Enter shortcut…can be a little tricky sometimes.…Sometimes, I find, hold down the Shift…for a second, and then hit Enter.…If I do it too quick, sometimes nothing will happen,…that's kind of unusual, or you can just…click on this Play button up here.…So this looks nice.…So let's take a look at what's going on.…I'll break this down layer by layer.…Bottom layer is simple enough, "ground,"…there's just one drawing held for however many frames.…
On top of that we have our, obviously,…the bouncing ball, and just for fun,…on the top level, for no reason whatsoever,…I have six frames, which I've labeled…A, B, C, D, E, F, just so you can see…what a pure drawing or piece of artwork…looks like on the Timeline.…I made this cartoon just to illustrate…precisely what we're dealing with.…A drawing is, basically, like a drawing.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.