Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Templates, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now, I'm going to talk about templates…and how you can save entire blocks of animation.…So if you want to move this character for example,…from this file into another file with a different scene…or a different character,…how would you go about doing it?…So, what we're going to do first…is collapse the entire timeline…'cause it's in a peg.…You want to have this in peg.…Collapse it to there.…We want to have a templates folder open.…So it'll be a folder on your hard drive.…So click Open,…Right to Modify,…Open Library,…and in the Exercise Files folder,…there's a folder called Templates.…
Select that.…And now we open that.…You can make any folder you like on your hard drive.…This is just the one I'm using right now.…So, on the left side here,…drag this into the Templates folder.…We have to make it Right to Modify.…Do that again.…And give it a name.…AL for Alien is fine.…That'll do for now.…And we can right click on this…and we can make it a different thumbnail.…There we go.…And now we can play it here.…
So, if we were to make a new scene,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.