Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video The Stroke tool and invisible lines, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to use the stroke tool…to allow us to color in areas with invisible ink lines.…So what if I want to paint this nose a different color?…Let's take a look at the nose by its self.…So what want it to be a darker color…than the skin tone beneath it.…So let's zoom in on the nose…and under the paint bucket tool…there's a feature called stroke.…So select that and now we have the stroke tool options.…So I'm going to choose straight lines…and that will be fine.…I'm going to hit K on the keyboard…so we can hopefully see the lines that we're drawing.…
And this is really annoying, I'm going to click OK.…Click K again so we can see it.…So here we go.…So I'm going to delete that…and try again.…So we have straight line.…Let's go in a little closer.…These are the ends, the yellow squares.…So I'm going to,…right on the middle there to here.…And I didn't quite close it off…but this might be close enough.…So if I select the paint tool now…and go to the color panel…and choose this dark nose feature…and try to color it in and nothing happens.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.