Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video The Stroke tool and invisible lines, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now we're going to see how to use the stroke tool.…Strokes are invisible lines that allow you…to close off open color areas…or add highlights or shadow levels.…So let's see how that's done.…A good case will be in this very simple face…where we want to close off the nose.…I'm going to hide the lower layers…and just select the nose layer,…and zoom in as we close can on this gap here.…I'm using my wheel mouse to zoom in,…or you can go one or two on the keyboard.…With the red line around the camera view,…hit k on the keyboard,…and if your layer is selected,…you will see our little points here.…
These are little warning areas to let you know…that we have an end and the beginning of a line.…So click on the paint tool…and just select the stroke tool.…Then tools properties, you have access…to the stroke tool options.…This is a good one that draws them…as a straight line.…Let's do it from there to there.…Now I didn't see much snapping.…This may or may not work depending…on how close we were.…So let's go to the color tab.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.