Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Squashing and stretching an object, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So we have our bouncing ball.…What we don't have is squash and stretch.…But the arcs are okay, the timing is okay,…but without squash and stretch,…it looks like it's made of metal.…So let's see how we add some vitality to it.…So again we go View, Show, Control.…Actually, let's select one of these balls…and go again.…It's a little glitchy.…View, Show, Control, there we go.…So now we have this.…This might help us to orient some of these…squashes and deforms.…
So we're going to work with this Transform tool.…Don't even dream of using this.…That'll change the actual image itself.…So this is the animation transform tool that we use.…So let's think about what's going to happen here.…So let's see if we can begin the squash around this frame.…So we stay spherical until then.…We squash here, and we return to a spherical shape here.…So at this point, now, we can squash the ball.…So I F6 to create these key frames.…
Now, what's happening here is that the squash…is happening on a frame where it's…anticipating the squash.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.