Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Squashing and stretching an animated object, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So by now we have the ball bouncing…with the right arcs or paths…and it's easing-in, easing-out of the bounces.…Let's have a look, shift and enter,…looks good, to be double sure,…hit View, Show, Control, and this should…reveal the different arc paths and spacings…of that drawings.…I want to just zoom-in a little bit on this.…Maybe reframe the screen slightly,…so we have a little better view.…Now at this point, the missing ingredient…that a lot of people might want, is some squash-and-stretch.…
We should see that ball really squashing…on the impacts, and then recovering its shape.…So let's add some squash-and-stretch to this.…And this will be done with the Transform Tool.…So we'll go down here,…and let's just use the "." and the "," keys…on the keyboard to go through frame by frame.…And, as you can see, he's moving from here,…from a solid at the top of each arc…he should be weightless and the very least squashed.…And he'll begin to deform, and then…having his stretching here, he'll have his maximum…impact on the squashes.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.