Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing functions and adding drawings, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So now let's look a a feature…called share functions.…Now this sounds really technical, but as you'll see,…it's very useful, could save you a lot of time.…So the two layers that we want to work together…are the eyeball, let's solo that, and the eyelid.…So what we have is an eyelid layer…and eyeball layer beneath it.…So there's no reason why these would…ever really move separate from one another.…So let's get them to share their functions.…Their functions meaning all their transformations.…
Scale, skew, rotate.…So right click and go Share Functions on eyeball,…right click and go Share Functions on eyelid.…We want eyelid to share the eyeball functions.…So right click and go Layer Properties.…And in Transformation, let's just do one of them.…So in this drop down menu, we'll go All, Eyeball, Position X…and we'll just Push this over to one side.…And now let's select either one of these two and move it.…
And watch what happens, we see they're both sharing…their X function, the X position is now common to both.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.