Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing functions and adding drawings, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- In the previous video, I showed you how to…create an eye with a mask so that you can…move the pupil around without flying off the…edge of the eye area.…Let's take a quick look at that again.…I'm just going to select the pupil.…And you see as we drag, all this happens.…Now, there's a little issue that might come up,…and that is if you want to go beyond this…basic setup and you want to begin to animate the…eyeball and let's say you want to stretch it…and squash it, then all kinds of weird things happen…where the mask area no longer seems to…match the eyeball area.…Fortunately there is a way that we can fix this problem.…
Now, it's a little tricky, so please bear with me.…And you might want to come back and watch this…video more than once, but you'll get it, it's not that bad.…We have the eyeball area, the eyelid area that…I just very quickly drew in the previous video.…We have the wideness of it, the eyeball clone,…and the eye rim.…And these four work together, along with the mask,…to create our eye.…I'm going to hide the mask and just…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.