Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting exposures, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] It's really important that you…become comfortable with using the timeline and figuring out…how to expose the drawings in whatever sequence you like.…And so what I've done here,…I've made two levels.…One here, which has frames that are just numbered…one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10.…And then one where I've made like kind of a custom exposure,…the kind of thing that you might want to create.…So that's on hide both so we can see them both over here.…And so what I want to do is turn this simple exposure…into something like this where I've customized it.…
How do you do that?…Now the program does come with these little things.…I can't stand them.…They drive me crazy.…I think they're very cumbersome and clumsy.…So I wanted to find a built-in aspects of the program…that were the simplest possible way…to allow me to add and remove frames, as I needed.…And luckily, we can do that by ignoring these little arrows…and all of this stuff.…So we'll just hold down shift and plus…and that will allow us to add an exposure.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.