Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting exposures, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- When I began learning how to use this program,…the one thing that I found kind of awkward for me…was just, you know, creating exposures on the xsheet.…Because, I do find it's easier than doing it…in the timeline where everything just looks…like a little grey block, so the beauty of the xsheet is…you can really see what drawing you're looking at.…And the best advice any animator ever gave me…was, "Don't be scared of the xsheet."…If you end up being scared of the xsheet, you're in trouble.…It's really your friend, so make friends with it.…And one way we can make friends with…the Toon Boom Animate xsheet is to be comfortable…adding these weird, little exposures in so,…for example, if you want to create a custom…series of frames, you can do it, without,…you know, the world falling on top of you.…
So, let's do that.…So, I'm going to go to Frame 1, and hold down…Shift + just to add an exposure.…That was easy.…Same thing at 5, and we'll add 2 for 6.…7, 8,9, and we hold 9 to 1, and we hold 10 for these.…I would remind you that I use,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.