Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Rigging a character, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now it's time to apply some of these techniques…to our little Martian character,…and as you can see,…I've just completed our drawing…moving down the left side of the body,…or his physical left side of the body.…Notice that there's a little error here…with one of these layers.…You see the shoe in the lower leg,…so let's just fix that,…and as I drag this layer to the upper layer,…sometimes what you'll see happen is this,…when you let go, and you accidentally make a child parent.…If you do that by mistake and not on purpose,…then just drag it back off,…until everything is in one nice column.…Now, this is a layer hierarchy…that would be very familiar to you…if you use something like Photoshop or Flash…that has a single, physical space.…
It's flat,…and you control the layering…by physically layering the layers.…Now, what's gonna happen as we create…child parent hierarchies in Toon Boom Animate…is that that layer system is going to break,…but luckily there's a fantastic way…that we can fix it again.…This is a great system so have a look at this.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.