Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video The Polyline tool and shapes, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now we are going to look…at the polyline tool.…The polyline tool and the family beneath it are…the line, rectangle, elipse and polyline.…So I'm going to start with the line.…I'm going to hide this little face.…We're going to clean him up in a little bit.…I'm going to make a new drawing here and…we'll just draw with the line tool.…So, obviously a bit too skinny so let's…thicken them up a little bit.…As you can see, it's kind of hard to make things snap…together so let's go to Tools, Properties…and down here you can see we have Snap to Contour,…Snap and Align and Snap to Grid.…
So let's try Snap to Contour.…Now you can see we are joining up beautifully so…this is the kind of tool that you're really going to…need when you're doing these precise,…clean up passes over characters.…You can see that little blue circle,…that blue circle you might see flickering right there.…You can feel it snap, that's great.…And now we can go to the contour editor and move…these around and you know, this is great.…Those are really good joins.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.