Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video The Polyline tool and shapes, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now we're going to look at the Line tool,…the Shape tool, and the Polyline tool.…These are useful for cleaning up…very strict-looking drawings.…These are all available under this icon in the toolbar,…and we have access to Line, Rectangle, Ellipse and Polyline.…So let's pick Line first, have a quick look through.…Under Tools, Properties, we can select…one of our familiar lines.…For this, usually Fixed Thickness I'd recommend.…So what I've done is I've set this icon here.…It's called Snap To Contour.…What this does is it means that as you create your lines,…you feel them just snapping in there and they're not…overshooting and creating all these unnecessary points.…
See, you can see the little blue circle.…I've stuck to it, and we can create…these very efficient shapes.…And once we have them done, you can prove it, too.…You can go in and grab a line and then pull it,…and you know everything's going to move together…and you don't have these nasty little overshoots…and little crosses and whatnot.…So let's get rid of this now.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.