Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video The Pencil tool, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at the pencil tool…'cause it's very powerful, so, this is the icon,…and select tool properties,…let's make some different pencil strokes.…So we'll start with pencil three,…this is pressure-sensitive, and we'll fatten it up…so we can really see it, and, in the first frame,…we'll draw…like this, and then we'll do a fixed thickness stroke…which is a different family…so it doesn't matter how much pressure I apply…it's always going to look the same.…And let's try the tapered stencil.…
Fatten 'em up again.…This will taper no matter how much pressure I put on it…and we'll do the charcoal as well,…it's a nice texture brush.…Okay so now one thing to notice is…that each of the strokes is separate…so we can move them around, and, that's fine for what it is,…we can still paint inside with these…unlike in other programs…but let's see if we want to flatten them on to one layer.…So we use this tool here, flatten.…Going to go through each one.…
And what you'll see is it really hasn't worked…for any of them, apart from the fixed thickness stroke,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.