Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video The Pencil tool, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Let's take a look at the Pencil Tool.…So in the toolbar, click on the pencil icon,…and you should see your Tool Properties panel.…If you don't click on this arrow…and select Tool Properties.…And there will be a sequence of strokes in this field.…And let's click on Pencil 3 and fatten it.…Now, if you click outside of this and back in,…you'll see it's reset, so this saves you from changing…any of the defaults, which is pretty good.…You can just make quick changes like this.…Okay, so let's make a stroke here.…And this stroke is pressure sensitive.…It gets thicker or thinner based on…the amount of pressure I apply.…
Next is the fixed thickness stroke.…I'm going to fatten it a little bit.…And as I draw with this, it doesn't matter…how much pressure I apply, it's always…going to have the same weight.…We have a series of stencils, and the stencils…have a build in thick thin line.…So I'll pick the top one.…And I'll fatten him.…And it doesn't matter how much pressure I apply,…you still get a nice thick thin stroke,…it's built into him.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.