Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Pencil textures, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's make some custom textured lines.…The process is unnecessarily fiddly for my tastes,…and I'm sure you'll find it as frustrating as I do.…But it's really important to get to grips with it…because it is extremely useful.…So this is the default charcoal stroke…that we get in the library, so let's just thicken it up.…And we'll make a new charcoal stroke.…Now, the problem is, if we want this to be our new default,…with these settings, we need to tell the program, right,…make that a new default.…So we do that by clicking on this arrow.…Let's keep this relatively simple.…
So we've got the size and smoothness,…and then we can modify it here,…we can make the minimum size tapered a bit more.…I won't mess too much with it,…that's about enough.…So let's add this new brush…and we'll call it my charcoal.…And it appears in the stroke library, now we have it.…So what if we want to add texture to this?…I'll just repeat that stroke now and let's go here.…We have all kinds of textures in the library…that we can add so we can make even stranger…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.