Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Pegs, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- Now we look at pegs. A peg is a box or a container…that you can hold your character inside.…A bit like putting inside a symbol, but more flexible.…So let's take a look at a peg, and how we can use it.…Both to hold a character and to have a finer degree…of control over components of the character.…So, first we add a peg layer by clicking on here.…And if you see this ridiculous message, click "OK".…And we need to go to our "Display", "Display All" mode.…If you don't see that, then it's under "Windows",…"Toolbars", "Display", and that will reveal this little guy.…
It might pop up somewhere else.…I parked it over here, and go to "Display All".…And for some inexplicable reason, we're forced to do that.…So that creates a peg, so we can then select these layers.…And drag and drop them inside the peg.…Now we have access to a single peg,…that will then be able to control…the position of the characters.…So, let's just hit F6 up here, so we can now…use the transform tool, and drag this guy around.…So this one peg now permits me to move the character.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.