Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Nudging in 3D space, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- I'm going to show you a very cool trick…that you can do that will help you with layering…your scenes in a way that maybe is a lot cleaner…than what you're used to.…One of the excellent features…of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony…is the ability to use Z-depth,…a three dimensional layering in one layer…so everything isn't pancaked as it is…often in other programs onto one level.…So for example, you see how the ball…is in front of the wall.…It'd be really nice if for the first couple…of frames at least that ball was behind the wall,…and then maybe pops out on frame three.…
Now to do this in other programs,…you'd have to make a duplicate layer…of the ball behind the ground plane,…and then to pop the first,…have the first two frames beyond…this lower level here,…and then transition to this layer.…If you're used to working with other programs,…you know how weedy the timeline…can get when you work like this.…I'll show you the way here,…that way we don't have to worry about that.…So I'm going to open up the plus sign…to open up our parameters, our functions,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.