Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Morphing, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at morph tweening.…Morph tweening is a tool that allows you to…create computer-generated tweens between two drawings.…So, this is a good example of the kind of thing…that you would use it for, like smoke.…This would take forever to hand draw.…And let me show you just how fancy…some of these effects can be if you do them right.…We can make this little head animation,…which is all done just with two drawings,…and the only thing I have on layers are the eyebrows.…But that's an amazing achievement…that we can actually have these tweens so smoothly.…So maybe there's lots of ideas…that you can come up with yourself…just by looking at that.…
So, let's see how we go about…doing this with a simple form.…I'm going to make a rectangle for a flag,…and I'm going to pick the thickness.…If you see a different layout of icons,…sometimes, this appears as large thumbnails.…So I like the stroke view.…So be sure to set that to Stroke View…if you like that as well.…So we're going to pick the flag, a rectangle,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.