Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Morphing, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now it's time to look at morph tweening…or if you're from a Flash background shape tweening.…So, occasionally you'll hear me slip a little bit…but it's a very, very powerful tool…and here's a good example of what it's used for.…It's an undulating shape…that goes from like one natural curved form to another.…And these are very tedious to animate by hand…and this is what most people use morph tweening for.…Here's another example of a…simple little face that I made.…So you can even use this technique…for more naturalistic character-based work.…
And if you look how this is structured,…that's all happening with one layer.…And there's only about three little hints…on it just to help it.…So even with all these intersecting lines…it's doing a very, very good job.…So, let's start with a couple of issues…that might trip you off if you begin working with it.…So, I'm going to select the rectangular, the box tool.…Make a fixed thickness line…and let's start drawing in a new drawing layer.…I'll just create little box…and I'll hit the F5 to extend it to here.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.