Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Morph-tweening the character, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] One thing that really separates…okay puppet animation from really good animation…is morph tweening or shape tweening…if you're comping from a Flash or Adobe Animate background.…So, let's look at the body by itself…and you'll see what I mean.…Right now what we see…is sort of a motion tweening.…It's one drawing that's been squashed and stretched…but the shape itself…isn't doing anything particularly exciting…and if I delete all of the key frames…you'll see it's just this one image here.…So, let's undo that,…so we have our motion tweening again…but let's see if here on this image…we can squash the belly out…so it actually does something interesting.…
What I'm going to want to do though…is to create some duplicate drawings to do this,…so on this frame here…let's right click and go Drawing, Duplicate Drawing.…We'll do the same thing here,…go Drawing, Duplicate Drawing.…So, this one's called number three now,…this one's called number two.…So, number three will be the squashed drawing,…so select the Contour Editor…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.