Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Morph-tweening the character, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- I've taken the techniques in the previous videos…and completed the very simple action of the Martian.…So let's just scrub through, see what he does.…Now, what we're seeing here is a series…of flat, graphical images moving around to…create the illusion of motion.…But there are things that we can do to add…a little extra life to this.…And one thing that we can do is combine the…animation with a little tweening or morphing.…So let's just look at the body, see how we can do that.…I'm going to look at the body by itself.…
So from this frame, he's inhaling.…And there's a little bit of actual tweening on here,…some functions that control the animation.…So that's happening not at the drawing level,…but at the computer level.…That's in here, scaling digitally.…But we can add a lot more to that.…Because this always has a certain kind of…tweeny look to it that I don't like.…So let's go in and see if we can change the actual shape.…And to do this, what we need to do,…remember, this is one drawing that's been exposed…along with the entire Timeline.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.