Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Master templates, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now I'm gonna show you how to make a master template.…And we do this if we want to save an animation…or an object with another scene.…This is how we move files or artwork between projects.…So let's collapse all of these.…It's important that you have everything saved under a peg,…so everything is embedded under this peg layer.…Collapse all of that.…And we'll hit the first keyframe…and hit F6 just to be on the safe side,…so we set keys for all of our vertical columns,…so that will set the z-depths…and once this is done to make a master template…we need to open up a folder for it.…
So you could save it in the default Animate Library folder,…but I think it's good practice…to get used to opening your own.…Now a Library is basically a folder on your hard drive,…so let's open one that I've already made…in the Exercise Files folder,…there's a folder called templates, so we Select that.…And once in there we can save all of our templates to that.…And you can organize it with subfolders,…so if you roll over it you will see the directory path…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.