Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Lining the character, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] I've just reopened the file…that I made in the last movie and I've added a few layers,…eye pupil, eyeball, skull, arm right hand,…arm right lower, and arm right.…Notice that there's little dots…because the program doesn't allow us to use spaces.…I also use lowercase because then it fits more letters in,…it's less squishing of the text.…I user uppercase for the important things…like right side and left side.…My naming convention actually has a strict logic to it.…If you follow something like this,…it'll help you to read like arm right left, arm left,…arm right upper, arm left lower, et cetera.…
It's a very structured way to be able to read…what's going to be a very complex text stack, anyway.…Let's go to the alien swatch, so we're always working…with the correct color pallet,…and let's start aligning the character.…I'm just going to start lining the front figure.…We won't worry about this guy,…we're just going to start working in the front.…It's a good practice to line from the front view first…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.