Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Line art and color layers, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] What if you want to draw a character…with the textured brush and then paint it in,…can you do that and make it look good in Harmony?…So here I have a very rough drawing, and let's see…what it looks like.…So first of all, I don't see any colors here so we need…to wake up the palette, so there it is, just the arrow tool…click on the drawing and it wakes it up.…So if I pick a light skin color, for example, and the paint…bucket tool and I start painting, the anti-aliasing…just ruins the effect, I can't fill that cleanly.…So let me undo that, and how do we go about fixing this?…So you go to tools properties, and actually use the arrow…tool at tools properties, and we'll see this red arrow here,…and this is very cool.…
You can select a color, notice how I used this blue…underline to rough it in as we often did traditionally,…so let me click on that and select all the blue…and we can delete it, that's now gone.…And now the program comes with a color layer and a line…layer, so what looks like a single layer on the timeline…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.