Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Line art and color layers, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- If you want to work in a style…that looks more traditional,…for example, this drawing, which has been drawn…with one of the Texture Brush Tools,…then you're gonna hit a problem…when it comes to coloring it.…So let's select the medium skin color,…and we're gonna paint an area around here.…And you see that the color just won't go up…beyond a certain point when it approaches the line.…It looks very ugly, so we'll undo that.…Now I want to show you a method…that will allow us to paint this area.…So let's go to Edit, Preferences first,…and under the General tab, activate "Use Advanced Art Mode,"…click OK, and restart the program.…
OK, we're back, and one thing has changed.…Now we have three icons at the bottom of the screen.…One for the Line Art Mode, one for the Color Art Mode,…and one that shows Both together.…So what I want to do is just warn you…that sometimes this third one will be grayed out,…and if that's the case it's because you've got…"Current Drawing on Top" disabled.…So, if you see this grayed out,…go to the Camera icon and click on "Current Drawing on Top,"…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.