Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Library, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the Library…and how this corresponds to drawings…and files that are saved on your computer.…So, I'm going to select a frame…down here on the Timeline, pick a nice brush tool…and I'm just going to write the letter A…and I'll go forward one frame…and write a B, and at this point,…let's put the onion skin on,…that's this icon here, third frame.…And we'll write a C, and fourth frame, a D.…And now we can switch on and off…and using the comma and period keys,…or the less than and greater than signs,…we can go through frame by frame.…
So let's say we want to realign these frames on the stage.…We now have access to them in…the drawing substitution of the Library panel.…So let's go and reverse them, so I can do…it a couple of different ways.…I can go here and manually move them across.…If I want no frame at all, I can go all the way…to the left and there's a null frame…or an empty frame, which completely removes…the drawing, which can be very useful,…but I actually want to have a reversal here, so D.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.